Exciting learning opportunities for students & faculty in beautiful & historic Greece
The American College of Thessaloniki offers summer and semester programs as well as an extended summer program in the seaside cultural capital of Greece. With a 6 mile boardwalk, laid-back student population, rich history and fantastic location---Thessaloniki is the ideal place to spend a semester abroad.
The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
Join the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Study Abroad!
Five student $1000 Scholarships are available during each of the 2021/2022 Fall and Spring Semesters for CGE Member University/College Students!
CGE is pleased to support the semester study programs with ACT. With an international student body of over 50% Greek and non-US students, ACT provides the perfect opportunity for immersion into Greek life through housing, orientation, and service learning opportunities. Students will also enjoy the extremely active Student Activities Office which organizes included trips to Vergina and Athens along with an array of optional trips like climbing Mount Olympus, canyoning, or simply volunteering to help clean the boardwalk in Thessaloniki. There is something for every student looking to be involved at ACT.
- ABOUT: Don't miss the unique semester study abroad opportunities at American College of Thessaloniki (ACT). Students from Christian Studies, Intercultural Studies, Political Science, Business, Computing, or History majors will find this a career boosting event. Take up to 15 credits.
- DATES: FALL 2020 Sept. 13 - Dec. 15 SPRING 2022 Jan. 4 - April 6
- DEADLINES: Submit CGE Approval Form (See Payment and Additional Information below) to get on ACT's list for CGE Benefits. After approved send in your application to ACT.
FALL 2021 Applications with visa* - June 15, Applications without visa - July 15th.
SPRING I and Spring II 2021 Applications with visa* - Oct 16, Applications without visa - Nov. 16th.
*Visa is only needed if a student plans to stay and travel within the Schengen area making their stay more than 90 days
- PAYMENTS: FALL 2021 to CGE by - August 20 SPRING 2022 to CGE by - Dec 10
- COST for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 includes Tuition, Fees, Excursions, Insurance, Campus Transportation (add $500 to cost if student is not enrolled at a CGE member institution):
- Cost each semester for Fall 2021 and Spring 1 2022 (14/15 weeks) are listed below:
up to 15 Credit Hours: $11,709 /Double Studio
up to 15 Credit Hours: $12,224 /Private Studio
Cost does not include round trip airfare, food, books/supplies, personal entertainment
- Spring II 2022 - an additional 8 weeks after a Spring Break
6 Credit Hours: $7,057 /Double Studio
6 Credit Hours: $7,362 /Private Studio
- SCHOLARSHIP: Fill out the CGE Scholarship Form if you apply Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
- Full ACT International Study Abroad Brochure
- FULL ACADEMIC CALENDAR: Fall 2021 Spring 2022 Calendar
- Course offerings for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
- Students please check with your advisors and map out courses for the next school year. Definite course offerings are announced the semester before.
Enroll for Summer 2022 Study
- ABOUT: Don't miss a unique and strategic 5-week study abroad opportunity at American College of Thessaloniki (ACT). Students from Christian Studies, Intercultural Studies, Political Science, or History et al will find this a career boosting event. Take 6 credit hours. Call the CGE office about a 3 hour credit experience.
- ON LINE DATES: June 10 - July 17, 2022
- DEADLINES: Program applications should be submitted before June 15, 2022.
All CGE documentation (see below) and payments must be made by June 20, 2022
The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) offers many incredible courses that you can choose from!
Areas of study include: Business and Accounting, Computer Sciences, Sea Sailing, International Relations, English and Communication, Humanities, History, Greek, Psychology, and Hellenic Studies.
- ACT is accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Hellenic Heritage Summer Program with CGE in Greece
- Thessaloniki campus/excursion study sites – Northern Greece, Athens, Corinth and other exciting destinations
- Live in a modern city – learn current links to an ancient world
CGE's cost does not include study abroad costs relevant to your USA university or college. Please check with your study abroad office for your school's additional costs. If you are not a student at a CGE Member Institution, add $500 to the total.
Note: Costs do NOT include Round-trip airfare. Estimated additional costs for food, personal entertainment, books/supplies are $1,200. ACT requires a $300 refundable housing fee.
- Have any questions? Send an email to email@example.com and a CGE study abroad representative will respond to you as soon as possible!
- Ready to get started? Fill out the CGE Study Abroad Approval Form. Please email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want to learn more about the American College of Thessaloniki? Look no further than ACT's official website!
After you complete your CGE Approval Form and receive your acceptance email, you will receive an email from a CGE Study Abroad representative with a step-by-step checklist of additional documentation required, as well as payment instructions. To submit the approval form, you must FIRST download and save it to your desktop, then fill with your information, and finally re-save before attaching it to an email and emailing it to email@example.com. If you fill the form directly without saving it first, the information will not be saved.
- CGE's Financial Worksheet for Study Abroad - This worksheet can aid your university's financial aid office in determining the best way to cover the cost of the Greece Summer Program.
- CGE's Code of Conduct Form
- CGE's Release from Liability Form
*Please also provide a scanned copy of the front inside picture page of your valid passport. You can send this to CGE via FAX to 770-321-4910 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment can be made via check or credit card. Please call the CGE office at 770-321-4897 to pay by credit card. Checks can be sent to:
Consortium for Global Education
1633 Mount Vernon Road, Ste. 200
Atlanta, GA 30338