CGE Creates Value on Campus and for your Global Footprint
VALUE TO MEMBERSHIP CAMPUS-WIDE
- Creates impact opportunities in more than 80 nations with strategically targeted projects, active participation in educational efforts that lead to educational development, changed lives, community involvement in service, and national programs linked to networks of Christian educators.
- Provides an avenue for Presidents to work together on global educational issues with a passion for the values of Higher Education involving international partner institutions.
- Sponsors Annual Meetings with a host campus and invite members to participate and highlight their campus globalization programs. Meet new overseas university leadership and CGE partners, hear experts in academic fields, find recruiting opportunities from CGE’s many networks, and add new study abroad programs which are already vetted by CGE.
- Provides a website for Members that links to their international programs, promotes consortium efforts, gives CGE Impact News, highlights CGE Partners, targets International recruiting opportunities and campus programming options.
- Provides a SEVIS Exchange Faculty J-1 visa program for members to invite overseas faculty to teach, observe, study, or conduct research on their campus for 6 months to 5 years.
- Provides a SEVIS Short Term Scholar J-1 visa program for scholars from overseas universities to conduct research at member campuses for 3 weeks to 6 months (faculty and grad students).
- Provides a SEVIS Student Non-Degree J-1 visa program for students enrolled in a CGE cooperative program from an overseas universities to study at member campuses for up to 2 years (undergrad students).
- Represents CGE goals and programs to key overseas government officials.
VALUE FOR ADMIN/DIRECTORS/FACULTY ASSOCIATED WITH INTERNATIONAL CAMPUS PROGRAMS
- Provides assistance and a clearinghouse to CGE campus offices and programs by communicating with designated personnel and faculty working with campus international programs.
- Maintains a global platform of engagement where departmental programs can plug in and meet their accreditation goals.
- Keeps a Database of information for Overseas Partner Locations in more than 80 nations.
- Recommends new global university partners/educational entities that match member campus goals for higher education and globalization. Recent examples are: American College Thessaloniki, Myanmar MIT, and Chin Christian College.
- Orchestrates CGE Delegation trips to strategic locations that create a Global Impact and are sustainable with local partners.
- Maintains opportunities for Member Faculty to teach overseas for Sabbaticals or Short term.
VALUE FOR STUDENTS
- Finds recruiting opportunities for international students from strategic global areas and provide contacts to programs that support applications etc. Current CGE membership represents 4,245 international students from 137 countries.
- Manages focused Study Abroad opportunities in Global Cities and partner programs at strategic locations with local like-minded partners engaged to provide integrated options for service and sharing. Over 3,000 students are involved in academic and/or service-learning programs.
- Organizes summer program options for member students and/or faculty led programs.
- Offers intensive study of language immersion programs in the Arab and Asian world.
- CGE recommends language programs in other countries with partner universities.
- Recommends and provide logistics for internship opportunities for students during semester or summer sessions.
- Promotes building international portfolios for CGE member students through global contacts.
VALUE FOR CGE MEMBERS AND THEIR OVERSEAS PARTNERS
- Maintains geocentric educational opportunities with CGE overseas colleagues to multiply efforts for training and supporting overseas educational work in line with CGE’s mission.
- Manages TEFL professional certification courses with CGE Instructors.
- Manages International Business certification courses.
- Connects with global organizations where CGE members are voices for educational development. LSESD, FEBC, BWA, Rotary, Friendship Force International, Sister Cities International.
VALUE THROUGH PARTNER SUPPORT SERVICES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Provides comprehensive Gallagher Insurance Packages servicing: 1) international students coverage that meets visa criteria and 2) American students and faculty coverage that includes Crisis Management and Liability Packages.
- Locates Career Building job opportunities overseas for CGE member graduates.
- Publishes newsletters and web pieces for CGE members, colleagues, and friends. CGE website at www.cgedu.org, Impact Newsletter (Sept.), CGE Today web app, CGE Today monthly updates.
- Maintains a professional office and provide due diligence for financial reporting and transactions.
VALUE THROUGH PROMOTING CGE TO OTHER CONSTITUENCIES
- Shares your part in the CGE Story and the Impact at global meetings, member campuses, other conferences/networks and international meetings.
- Represents you to funding sources such as private foundations, grant sourcing, and individuals.