SIAS Teacher Recruitment Project
My family left Sias University in September 2019 to present at CGE Annual Conference at DBU. Due to health issues, my family chose to not get on our return flight in January 2020. We left campus with 190+ expats living in the community, 130+ foreign faculty, 10+ expat administrative leaders, and 31,000 beloved Sias students.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 on International Faculty
June 2022 Update:
As of June 15, 2022, Invitation (PU) Letters are not required to get a work visa. In other words, Sias can now bring new/returning teachers and their dependants back to campus (article). Sias would like to hire 30 teachers for Spring 2023. Quarantine is no longer 3+ weeks. Instead, it is now 7 days at the first city reached (Chinese Port City) and if COVID-19 free, one can fly to Sias and finish up a quarantine in their apartment for 3 days.
January 2023 Update:
Chinese authorities announced the lifting of several major Covid-related entry restrictions that take effect on January 8.
- no quarantine requirements for all international arrivals
- negative nucleic acid test required within 48 hours prior to international travel
- work (Z Visas) are being issued
- tourist visas (L Visa) are not being issued, but plan to start issuing in early 2023
- no government mandates in place concerning face masks/social distancing
- international flights to mainland China are limited and cost is still expensive
The above news is good, but our short-term trips (see below for brochure) are still on hold. China will first need to issue tourist visas and cost of international travel will need to return to 2019 levels. Sias University will pay for international travel for all new faculty and Sias is able to issue work visas.
Sias University plans to hire 50 new teachers for Fall 2023.
SIAS is in rebuild mode. Here's how you can help:
* Refer Seniors/Alumni to teach
DOWNLOAD "GUIDE to TEACHING at SIAS"
DOWNLOAD Opportunity Flier
* Inquire about leading a group of students to our campus May-June 2024
DOWNLOAD CGE-SIAS China Trip PDF
* Sabbatical Semester - welcome to do research or teach at our campus
* Invite Sias students or Chinese faculty to study at your school
* Offer discounted tuition for our faculty/students to study online at your school
DOWNLOAD CGE-SIAS Partnership PowerPoint
* Donate to the SIAS Teacher Recruitment Project [see below]
Donate HERE (add the description "SIAS Teacher Recruitment Project" to Program/Project Name)
Download the Opportunity flier to learn more about the job openings, hiring timeline, requirements, and the benefits of teaching at Sias University.
Ideal Teacher for Sias University
Transition to Asia Consultant
Aaron grew up in Bay Area, California. His father worked as a pilot for commercial airlines and from a young age, Aaron began traveling globally. While attending Cal Poly (SLO) he volunteered as a youth mentor and currently spends his free time serving through Mintegrity.com internship and mentorship programs. He met Rachael in 2007 shortly after both of them completed their MA degrees and within a year they were married and moved to China. They now have four children who consider Peter Hall faculty housing their “home” even though they are on the road 6+ months of the year outside of China. I am in the US for 5 months of the year during the Winter to connect in person. I look forward to hearing from you!
|Let's Chat! calendly.com/aaronvorbau|
Donate to SIAS Teacher Recruitment Project -
$30,000 per year is needed to keep this project running. This fund will help with the cost of operation outside of China as Academics In Asia networks among CGE schools. Donors will be sent quarterly updates.
The Consortium for Global Education is a 501(c)3 organization.
Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.